1. Home
  2. The Venue
  3. Newsletters
  4. Speakers
  5. Program
  6. Register
  7. Sponsors
  8. Exhibitors
  9. Accommodation
  10. Local Attractions
  11. Contact


 

History

Knox was founded in 1924 as a Presbyterian Boys' School with 28 students. The house Earlston was purchased from Dr Charles MacKellar, where he had lived with his daughter Dorothea. The house was on a 12 acre property which was converted to a school. Earlston was used for the first classes and as the headmaster's home. It is now known as Gillespie House. By the start of World War II the school had grown to 300 boys. Around 680 Old Knox Grammarians served in the armed forces. Sadly, 68 of them lost their lives.

Location

Knox Grammar school is located on the Pacific Highway at Wahroonga, with entrances from Woodville Ave and Borambil St. It is located between Wahroonga and Warrawee stations, though the walk from Warrawee station is gentler. As it will be school holidays, parking will be available

The Great Hall

Opened in August 2011, the Great Hall is the size of three basketball courts. It is here that the conference will take place and where the trade tables will be located.

KG1

The Knox Grammar 1 (KG1) building was opened 2007. Overlooking the Oval and with a flood-lit view of the school buildings, it will be the location for the Meet & Greet and for the Conference dinner.

Pipe band

In 1946, in a nod to its Scottish heritage and founders, Knox Grammar School formed a Pipe and Drum band. The band plays at numerous commemorative events and is an iconic aspect of the school. The Prep School Pipe Band, with boys from years 3 to 6, is one of only a handful of junior pipe bands in Australia. The Knox Pipes and Drums Band won the Australian Pipe Band Championships in April 2018.

Accommodation

As the conference will be taking place during the school holidays, a limited amount of en-suite accommodation will be available in the Boarding Centre, which was opened in 2010.

Knox Campus Map

Click here to download a map of the Knox Campus